Health and safety
SSAB strives to be the safest steel company in the world, with an objective to achieve zero accidents, work-related injuries or illnesses. Ensuring a safe and secure environment for our employees, contractors and visitors is our highest priority.
Safety in focus
SSAB is determined to be the safest steel company in the world, with the objective of achieving zero accidents, work-related injuries and illnesses.
Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our employees. Therefore, the provision of a safe and secure work environment for our employees, contractors and visitors will always be our top priority.
Every employee who works for SSAB has the personal responsibility and accountability to work in a safe manner every day. Working safely is a fundamental prerequisite for being employed at SSAB. Occupational safety is part of the integrated management system.
体彩20选5走势图 To reach our high ambitions, we shall adhere to the following internationally adopted safety principles:
1. All injuries and work-related illness can and must be prevented
2. Managers are responsible and accountable for health and safety performance
3. Employee engagement and training is key
4. Working safely is a condition of employment
5. Excellence in safety and health drives good business results
6. Safety and health shall be integrated into business management processes
Safety management in SSAB
in ssab the health and safety aspects are integrated to business management processes. ssab`s safety management system fulfils the requirements of international safety management standard ohsas 18001.
体彩20选5走势图to strengthen the safety work, a group level safety team called health and safety council has been nominated. the health and safety council consists of senior management of operations from all ssab divisions, as well as subsidiaries tibnor and ruukki construction.the primary role of the ssab health and safety council (h&sc) is to coordinate, cooperate and propose policy and strategy initiatives and changes to the group executive committee (gec).
体彩20选5走势图the h&sc is the decision-making body on safety issues relevant for ssab. the council is also responsible for promoting a positive safety culture within the company.
ssab’s key performance indicators (kpi´s) for safety are lost time injury frequency (ltif) and total incident frequency (trif). all divisions have annual safety targets and report monthly on safety performance to the group executive committee. contractor accidents and incidents are integrated to ssab´s kpi´s.
every year, hundreds of employees from external companies work at ssab, particularly in the areas of maintenance and repairs. contractor companies are screened for strong safety practices, and partner companies work together with ssab to ensure the safety of anyone working at an ssab facility. ssab also provides contractors with safety training sessions and discussion forums, in order to increase their safety awareness.
体彩20选5走势图providing a healthy working environment is fundamental for a high performing organization. ssab takes a holistic approach to wellbeing at work and the quality of our employees working lives as well as ensuring a safe work place. wellbeing is a joint responsibility between the employer and the employee facilitated by ssab’s framework for healthy operations:
- Our Code of Conduct provides the framework for how we act and how we make our employees feel engaged and included
- SSAB One, our management philosophy, allows us to improve, learn and achieve results that are built on everyone’s skills and contribution
- A leadership that is built upon our manager criteria where the individual is recognized and feedback is essential
- Regular employee surveys allow identification of both strengths and improvement areas and provide a solid base for planned actions of improvement
- Occupational health care services
- Monitoring sick leaves and ascertaining the reasons for them
- Supporting a healthy lifestyle (exercise and other recreational activities)